There are issues with HW acceleration in VMWare player on linux. Despite Player has 3d support option it doesn't work on most of Linux machines. Problem is related to TF2-S3TC Texture Support in DRI and is described in details here. So if in your country you are allowed to use this extension then you need to enable it in you system. You can do it manually but e.g. in Ubuntu you can install driconf application and change configuration from Gui:
And change change "Enable S3TC texture compression..." in "Image Quality" tab like on following image:
Some of host 3d drivers are blacklisted in VMWare. To ignore this limit just add:
To your *.vmx file.
Now you should be able to run your VM guest OS with HW 3d support on Linux host.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Imagine that you're developer preferring Qt, and:
- you convinced your manager to try out Qt/Qt Quick as UI framework for your custom device (cash machine, POS, ticket machine etc.) to port some old app.
- it lacks hardware and software keyboard (the original application's hardcoded its keyboard inside so you can't reuse it).
- main Qt5 modules are working on the target device (QtCore, QtGui, QtQuick)
- you have to provide demo of Qt Quick features on such device (animations, transitions, particles).
- deadline is yesterday.
- you know that if you provide some forms with text input fields and virtual keyboard along with animations and other fireworks then the status of the meeting will change from demo/POC to pre-alpha presentation :)
Monday, March 18, 2013
Following areas were analyzed: